Pemphigoid Antibody Panel
Use to assess and monitor pemphigoid, pemphigoid variants, and linear IgA disease and to discriminate among the immunobullous diseases with epithelial basement membrane zone antibodies. May be indicated by concurrent Direct Immunofluorescence, Tissue Biopsy (Cutaneous, Mucosal, Epithelial) (0092572). Preferred initial diagnostic serum panel is Basement Membrane Zone Antibody Panel (3001410).
Bullous pemphigoid and other pemphigoid variants, epidermolysis bullosa acquisita (EBA), linear IgA disease, and dermatitis herpetiformis may present with similar clinical findings including blistering, erosions, pruritus, and urticaria, which affect skin and mucous membranes.
To assess for other immunobullous diseases with diagnostic serum epithelial antibodies in addition to pemphigoid, order concurrently with Pemphigus Antibody Panel, IgG (0090650) and Collagen Type VII Antibody, IgG by ELISA (2010905). Alternatively, order Immunobullous Disease Antibody Panel (3001409).
For more information about components, methodology, and specimen type, see the ARUP Immunobullous Disease Testing Comparison tool.
New York DOH Approval Status
Plain red or serum separator tube.
Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
Hemolyzed or lipemic specimens. Plasma.
Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Indefinitely
Semi-Quantitative Indirect Immunofluorescence (IIF)/Semi-Quantitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA)
Refer to report
Performed by non-ARUP Laboratory
For specimens less than 0.5 mL, call the Immunodermatology Laboratory at (866) 266-5699.
88346; 88350 x3; 83516 x2
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0092002||Pemphigoid Antibody Panel||48767-8|
|2010914||EER Pemphigoid Antibody Panel||11526-1|
- basement membrane zone antibody-associated disease
- bullous disease of childhood
- bullous lupus erythematosus
- Bullous Pemphigoid
- bullous pemphigoid antigen 1 or BPAg1
- bullous pemphigoid antigen 2 or BPAg2
- childhood immunobullous disease
- chronic bullous disease of childhood
- cicatricial pemphigoid
- collagen type 17
- collagen type XVII
- dermal basement membrane zone antibodies on split skin substrate
- epidermal basement membrane zone antibodies on split skin substrate
- epidermolysis bullosa acquisita
- hemidesmosomal protein antibodies
- hemidesmosome antibodies
- IgA variant epidermolysis bullosa acquisita (EBA)
- IgG/IgA basement membrane zone antibodies
- immunobullous disease of childhood
- linear IgA bullous dermatosis
- linear IgA disease
- linear IgG/IgA bullous dermatosis
- mixed immunobullous disease of childhood
- mucous membrane pemphigoid
- ocular cicatricial pemphigoid
- Pemphigoid Antibody Panel - Epithelial Basement Membrane Zone Antibodies, IgG and IgA, BP180 and BP2
- pemphigoid variants
- salt-split skin floor antibodies
- salt-split skin roof antibodies
- salt-split skin test
- subepithelial immunobullous disease
- type XVII collagen