• For disease monitoring in patients diagnosed with epidermolysis bullosa acquisita (EBA) or bullous lupus erythematosus and increased IgG type VII collagen antibody levels.
• To further evaluate IgG BMZ antibodies, consider ordering with Epithelial Basement Membrane Zone Antibody IgG (0092056) and Bullous Pemphigoid Antigens (180 kDa and 230 kDa), IgG (0092566).
• Consider other types of BMZ antibody-associated disease testing (ie, Epithelial Basement Membrane Zone Antibody IgA (0092057) and Herpes Gestationis Factor (Complement-Fixing Basement Membrane Zone Antibody IgG) (0092283)).
• To discriminate among the immunobullous skin diseases in patients suspected or known to have any type of immunobullous disease, order concurrently with testing for Epithelial Skin Antibody (0090299) or refer to Pemphigoid Antibody Panel - Epithelial Basement Membrane Zone Antibodies, IgG and IgA, BP180 and BP230 Antibodies, IgG (0092001) and Pemphigus Antibody Panel - Epithelial Cell Surface Antibodies and Desmoglein 1 and Desmoglein 3 Antibodies, IgG (0090650).
• For initial diagnosis and assessment of disease progression/changes and intermittent monitoring, preferred test is Immunobullous Disease Panel, Epithelial (3001409), or Basement Membrane Zone Antibody Panel (3001410); both panels include Collagen Type VII Antibody IgG by ELISA.
Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay
Plain red or serum separator tube (SST).
Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
Hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Indefinitely
No compliance statements are in use for this test.
For specimens less than 0.5 mL, call the Immunodermatology Laboratory at (866) 266-5699.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2010906||Collagen Type VII Antibody IgG by ELISA|
|2010907||EER Collagen Type VII Ab IgG, by ELISA|