• Order concurrently with serum antibody testing and formalin-fixed tissue histopathology for assessment of patient with pruritic, urticarial, blistering and/or erosive disorders, including possible pemphigoid and pemphigoid variants, pemphigus and pemphigus subtypes, dermatitis herpetiformis, epidermolysis bullous acquisita, porphyria, and pseudoporphyria.
• Order concurrently with formalin-fixed tissue histopathology for assessment of patient with inflammatory, immune-mediated cutaneous disease, including possible lupus and lupus variants, vasculitis, drug reactions, lichen planus and lichenoid reactions.
• Optimal specimen location varies according to disease type, blistering or nonblistering.
Tissue: skin, mucosa (oral, conjunctival, genital, esophageal), other epithelium (gastrointestinal, respiratory, urinary).
Transport tissue (optimal 4-6 mm) in Michel's medium (ARUP supply #45462) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or call ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. Also acceptable: Zeus tissue fixative.
Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated.
Formalin-fixed tissue. Solid organs or solid organ tissue.
Ambient: 10 days; Refrigerated: 10 days; Frozen: Unacceptable
No compliance statements are in use for this test.
88346; 88350 x5
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0092571||Cutaneous Direct IF, Biopsy||6471-7|
|2010916||EER Cutaneous Direct IF, Biopsy|
- Bullous Disease
- Chronic Bullous Disease
- Cutaneous Herpetiformis
- Dermatitis Herpetiformis
- Lichen Planus and Lichenoid
- Linear IgA Bullous, Tissue
- Lupus Erythematous, Tissue
- Pemphigoid, Tissue
- Porphyria and Pseudoporphyria, Tissue
- Skin Immunofluorescence
- Urticarial Pemphigoid
- Urticarial Vasculitis