Use to assess and monitor IgG basement membrane zone antibodies in patients with pemphigoid, pemphigoid variants/subtypes, and epidermolysis bullosa acquisita (EBA), especially those with normal relevant IgG BP180, IgG BP230, and IgG type VII collagen antibody levels by ELISAs. Testing should be correlated with concurrent Direct Immunofluorescence, Tissue Biopsy (Cutaneous, Mucosal, Epithelial) (0092572).
For initial pemphigoid or EBA diagnosis, a more comprehensive serum panel is preferred; refer to Immunobullous Disease Antibody Panel (3001409). Pemphigoid Antibody Panel (0092001) and Basement Membrane Zone Antibody Panel (3001410) have an increased diagnostic sensitivity and specificity for pemphigoid and pemphigoid/EBA, respectively.
For more information about components, methodology, and specimen type, see the ARUP Immunobullous Disease Testing Comparison tool.
Semi-Quantitative Indirect Immunofluorescence (IIF)
New York DOH Approval Status
Plain red or serum separator tube (SST).
Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
Hemolyzed or lipemic specimens. Plasma.
Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Indefinitely
Refer to report
Performed by non-ARUP Laboratory
For specimens less than 0.5 mL, call the Immunodermatology Laboratory at (866) 266-5699.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0092056||Epithelial BMZ Ab, IgG|
- atypical epithelial antibody-associated disease
- basement membrane zone antibody-associated disease
- bullous lupus erythematosus
- bullous pemphigoid
- cicatricial pemphigoid
- epidermolysis bullosa acquisita
- epithelial antibody-associated disease
- Epithelial Basement Membrane Zone Antibody IgG
- hemidesmosomal protein antibodies
- hemidesmosome antibodies
- IgG/IgA basement membrane zone antibodies
- indirect fluorescence assay
- indirect fluorescent antibody (IFA)
- indirect immunofluorescent assay
- linear IgG/IgA bullous dermatosis
- mixed epithelial antibody-associated disease
- mixed immunobullous disease of childhood
- mucous membrane pemphigoid
- ocular cicatricial pemphigoid
- pemphigoid variants
- salt-split skin test
- subepithelial immunobullous disease