• Monitor disease in patient with pemphigoid or epidermolysis bullosa acquisita who has positive IgG BMZ antibodies by indirect immunofluorescence, either epidermal (roof) pattern or dermal (floor) pattern, on split skin substrate.
• Consider ordering concurrently with IgG antibody testing for bullous pemphigoid (BP180 & 230) antigens (0092566) and/or collagen type VII (2010905).
• May use to screen for pemphigoid and other immunobullous diseases; however, this test has decreased sensitivity and specificity when compared to the panel tests for pemphigus antibodies (0090650) or pemphigoid antibodies (0092001) and will not detect IgA BMZ antibodies.
(Indirect Fluorescent Antibody)
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0092056||Epithelial BMZ Ab, IgG|
Performed at UUHC-Immunodermatology