• Monitor disease in patient with pemphigoid or epidermolysis bullosa acquisita who has positive IgG BMZ antibodies by indirect immunofluorescence, either epidermal (roof) pattern or dermal (floor) pattern, on split skin substrate.
• Consider ordering concurrently with Bullous Pemphigoid Antigens (180 kDa and 230 kDa), IgG (0092566) and/or Collagen Type VII Antibody IgG by ELISA (2010905).
• May use to screen for pemphigoid and other immunobullous diseases; however, this test has decreased sensitivity and specificity when compared to Pemphigus Antibody Panel - Epithelial Cell Surface Antibodies and Desmoglein 1 and Desmoglein 3 Antibodies, IgG (0090650) or Pemphigoid Antibody Panel - Epithelial Basement Membrane Zone Antibodies, IgG and IgA, BP180 and BP230 Antibodies, IgG (0092001) and will not detect IgA BMZ antibodies.
(Indirect Fluorescent Antibody)
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0092056||Epithelial BMZ Ab, IgG|
Performed at UUHC-Immunodermatology