• This is the preferred panel for initial assessment and disease monitoring in IgG-variant pemphigus. Pemphigus vulgaris and pemphigus foliaceus are the most common types of pemphigus with blistering and erosive disease affecting skin and mucous membranes.
• Panel components include antibody testing for IgG epithelial cell surface and IgG desmoglein 1 and 3. To order individual component tests, refer to (0090299) and/or (0090649).
• To screen for pemphigus along with other possible immunobullous diseases, order concurrently with antibody panel test for pemphigoid (0092001), IgG collagen type VII antibody (2010905), AND perilesional skin biopsy for direct immunofluorescence (0092572).
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0090651||Pemphigus Antibody Panel, IgG||21352-0|
|2010913||EER Pemphigus Antibody Panel, IgG||11526-1|
Performed at UUHC-Immunodermatology