- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Compliance Statement Change
Due to reagent kit manufacturer extended backorder, an alternate kit has been validated and implemented by ARUP.
Islet cell antibodies (ICAs) are associated with type 1 diabetes (T1D), an autoimmune endocrine disorder. These antibodies may be present in individuals years before the onset of clinical symptoms. To calculate Juvenile Diabetes Foundation (JDF) units: multiply the titer x 5 (1:8 8 x 5=40 JDF Units).
See Compliance Statement A: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050138||Islet Cell Cytoplasmic Antibody, IgG||13927-9|
- Anti-Islet Cell Antibody
- beta cell
- Cytoplasmic Islet Cell Ab
- Islet Cell Ab IgG