May be useful with other markers (GAD, IA-2A, IAA and/or ZnT8A) to establish a diagnosis of autoimmune type 1 diabetes mellitus (type 1A diabetes mellitus) in patients who have been biochemically diagnosed with diabetes mellitus.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050138||Islet Cell Cytoplasmic Antibody, IgG||13927-9|
- Anti-Islet Cell Antibody
- beta cell
- Cytoplasmic Islet Cell Ab
- Islet Cell Ab IgG