• This is the preferred panel for initial assessment and disease monitoring in IgG-variant pemphigus. Pemphigus vulgaris and pemphigus foliaceus are the most common types of pemphigus with blistering and erosive disease affecting skin and mucous membranes.
• Panel components include antibody testing for IgG epithelial cell surface and IgG desmoglein 1 and 3. To order individual component tests, refer to Epithelial Skin Antibody (0090299) and/or Desmoglein 1 and Desmoglein 3 Antibodies in Pemphigus, IgG (0090649).
• To screen for pemphigus along with other possible immunobullous diseases, order concurrently with Pemphigoid Antibody Panel - Epithelial Basement Membrane Zone Antibodies, IgG and IgA, BP180 and BP230 Antibodies, IgG (0092001), Collagen Type VII Antibody IgG by ELISA (2010905), AND Cutaneous Direct Immunofluorescence, Biopsy (0092572).
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0090651||Pemphigus Antibody Panel, IgG||21352-0|
|2010913||EER Pemphigus Antibody Panel, IgG||11526-1|
Performed at UUHC-Immunodermatology