IgA pemphigus is a rare type of pemphigus. If other types of pemphigus have not been ruled out, order Pemphigus Antibody Panel (0090650
) first or concurrently with this test.
Indirect Fluorescent Antibody
Changed 05/09/05: 4-9 days
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Indefinitely
The methodology is indirect immunofluorescence (IFA) of serum on substrates with known epidermal (epithelial) cell surface antigens (both intact human skin and monkey esophagus substrate). For specimens less than 0.5 mL, call the Immunodermatology Laboratory at (866) 266-5699.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0092106||Pemphigus Ab, IgA|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
Performed at UUHC-Immunodermatology