IgA pemphigus is a rare type of pemphigus. If other types of pemphigus have not been ruled out, order Pemphigus Panel (0090650
) first or concurrently with this test.
Indirect Fluorescent Antibody
Changed 05/09/05: 4-9 days
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- For specimens less than 0.5 mL, call the Immunodermatology lab at (866) 266-5699.
- Ambient: 4 days; Refrigerated: 3 months; Frozen: Indefinitely
The methodology is indirect immunofluorescence (IFA) of serum on substrates with known epidermal (epithelial) cell surface antigens (both intact human skin and monkey esophagus substrate).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0092106||IgA Pemphigus Antibodies|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.
Performed at UUHC-Immunodermatology