Use to monitor patient with previously diagnosed pemphigus and increased IgG desmoglein 1 and/or 3 antibodies. Consider ordering with Epithelial Cell Surface Antibody IgG (0090266
) to demonstrate IgG cell surface or IgG basement membrane antibodies. For rare types of pemphigus, refer to Pemphigus Antibody IgA (0092106
) and Paraneoplastic Pemphigus (0092107
Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Indefinitely
For specimens less than 0.5 mL, call the Immunodermatology Laboratory at (866) 266-5699.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0090653||Desmoglein 1 and 3 Antibodies, IgG|
|2010912||EER Desmoglein 1 and 3 Antibodies, IgG|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
Performed at UUHC-Immunodermatology