• Monitor disease in patient previously diagnosed with pemphigus and increased IgG desmoglein 1 and/or 3 antibodies; antibody levels correlate with disease activity. Consider ordering with IgG epithelial cell surface antibody (0090266).
• If used to screen for pemphigus, this test has decreased sensitivity and specificity when compared to the pemphigus antibody panel (0090650).
• For initial diagnosis and monitoring disease, the antibody panel testing for pemphigus (0090650) is preferred; panel components include IgG antibody testing for epithelial cell surface and IgG desmoglein 1 and 3.
• For diagnosing rare types of pemphigus, refer to IgA pemphigus antibody (0092106) and paraneoplastic pemphigus (0092107).
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0090653||Desmoglein 1 and 3 Antibodies, IgG|
|2010912||EER Desmoglein 1 and 3 Antibodies, IgG|
Performed at UUHC-Immunodermatology