Use to monitor patient with previously diagnosed pemphigus and increased IgG desmoglein 1 and/or 3 antibodies. Consider ordering with Epithelial Cell Surface Antibody IgG (0090266) to demonstrate IgG cell surface or IgG basement membrane antibodies. For rare types of pemphigus, refer to Pemphigus Antibody IgA (0092106) and Paraneoplastic Pemphigus (0092107).
Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Indefinitely
For specimens less than 0.5 mL, call the Immunodermatology Laboratory at (866) 266-5699.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0090653||Desmoglein 1 and 3 Antibodies, IgG|
|2010912||EER Desmoglein 1 and 3 Antibodies, IgG|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
Performed at UUHC-Immunodermatology