•Monitor disease in patient previously diagnosed with pemphigus and increased IgG desmoglein 1 and/or 3 antibodies; antibody levels correlate with disease activity. Consider ordering with IgG epithelial cell surface antibody (0090266).
•If used to screen for pemphigus, this test has decreased sensitivity and specificity when compared to the pemphigus antibody panel (0090650).
•For initial diagnosis and monitoring disease, the antibody panel testing for pemphigus (0090650) is preferred; panel components include IgG antibody testing for epithelial cell surface and IgG desmoglein 1 and 3.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0090653||Desmoglein 1 and 3 Antibodies, IgG|
|2010912||EER Desmoglein 1 and 3 Antibodies, IgG|
Performed at UUHC-Immunodermatology