•Assess patient with possible paraneoplastic pemphigus (PNP), a RARE paraneoplastic disease associated with lymphoproliferative disorders/malignancies and severe pemphigus clinical features with characteristic IgG antibodies to rodent substrates.
•If other, more common, types of pemphigus are of diagnostic consideration, order the antibody panel test for pemphigus (0090650) first or concurrently with this test.
•If IgA paraneoplastic antibody testing is required, request through ARUP Client Services 800-242-2787 option 2.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0092107||Paraneoplastic Pemphigus Ab Screen||42936-5|
Performed at UUHC-Immunodermatology