For ANCA testing, refer to the available panel tests.
-For the workup of suspected vasculitis, refer to ANCA-Associated Vasculitis Profile (ANCA/MPO/PR-3) Reflex to ANCA Titer (2006480).
-For patients with a history of vasculitis, refer to the ANCA Reflex to Titer and MPO/PR-3 Antibodies (2002068).
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma, urine, or other body fluids. Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Approximately 85% of patients with a C-ANCA pattern by IFA have antibodies specific for PR3.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050526||Myeloperox Antibodies, IgG||6969-0|
|0050527||Serine Protease3, IgG||6968-2|
- ANCA Antibodies
- Anticytoplasmic Autoantibodies
- Myeloperoxidase Antibodies
- Proteinase 3 Antibodies
- Serine Protease 3