Assist in distinguishing between inherited and acquired forms of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP). Recommended initial test for the identification of autoantibodies to ADAMTS13, since the ADAMS13 inhibitor test is more specific for acquired TTP than the ADAMTS13 antibody test. If suspicion for TTP remains after a negative result, ADAMTS13 Antibody (3000182) is recommended.
- Patient Preparation
- Light Blue (Sodium Citrate). Refer to Specimen Handling at aruplab.com for hemostasis/thrombosis specimen handling guidelines.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL platelet-poor plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum or EDTA plasma. Clotted or hemolyzed specimens.
- Ambient: 2 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 2 weeks (No freeze/thaw cycles.)
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- von Willebrand Factor Cleaving Protease Inhibitor