Assist in distinguishing between inherited and acquired forms of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP). Not recommended as initial test for identification of autoantibodies to ADAMTS13, since the ADAMTS13 antibody test is less specific for acquired TTP than ADAMTS13 Inhibitor (3000228). Order when acquired TTP is suspected but antibodies are not identified by the ADAMTS13 inhibitor test.
- Patient Preparation
- Draw specimen prior to plasma exchange therapy.
- Light Blue (Sodium Citrate). Refer to Specimen Handling at aruplab.com for hemostasis/thrombosis specimen handling guidelines.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL platelet-poor plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum or EDTA plasma. Clotted or hemolyzed specimens.
- Ambient: 2 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 2 weeks (No freeze/thaw cycles.)
Borderline: 12-15 U/mL
Positive: Greater than 15 U/mL
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- VWF Cleaving Protease Antibody