Preferred test to assess for hereditary form of cardiomyopathy or arrhythmia.
Massively Parallel Sequencing
Lavender (EDTA) or yellow (ACD Solution A or B).
Transport 3 mL whole blood. (Min: 1 mL)
Ambient: 72 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Unacceptable
Refer to report.
Compliance Statement C: For human genetic inheritable conditions and mutations. This test was developed and its performance characteristics determined by ARUP Laboratories. The U. S. Food and Drug Administration has not approved or cleared this test; however, FDA clearance or approval is not currently required for clinical use. The results are not intended to be used as the sole means for clinical diagnosis or patient management decisions.
Counseling and informed consent are recommended for genetic testing. Consent forms are available online.
Genes Tested: ABCC9, ACTC1, ACTN2, ANK2, ANKRD1, BAG3**, CACNA1C, CACNB2, CASQ2, CAV3, CRYAB**, CSRP3, DES, DMD, DSC2, DSG2, DSP, DTNA, EMD**, EYA4, FHL1**, FKRP, FKTN, GAA, GATAD1**, GLA, GPD1L, JPH2, JUP, KCNE1, KCNE2, KCNE3, KCNH2, KCNJ2, KCNQ1, LAMA4, LAMP2, LDB3, LMNA, MYBPC3, MYH6, MYH7, MYL2, MYL3, MYLK2, MYOT, MYOZ2, MYPN, NEXN, PKP2, PLN, PRKAG2, RBM20, RYR2, SCN1B, SCN2B, SCN3B, SCN4B, SCN5A, SGCA, SGCB, SGCD, SGCG, SLC25A4, SNTA1, TAZ**, TCAP, TGFB3, TMEM43, TNNC1, TNNI3, TNNT2, TPM1, TRDN**, TRPM4, TTN*, TTR, VCL
* One or more exons are not covered by sequencing for the indicated gene; see Additional Technical Information.
** Deletion/duplication detection is not available for this gene.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2010184||Cardiomyopathy/Arrhythmia Panel Specimen||31208-2|
|2010187||Cardiomyopathy/Arrhythmia Panel Interp||41103-3|
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy (ARVC)
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia (ARVD)
- Brugada syndrome (BrS)
- Catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia (CPVT)
- Dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM)
- Familial dilated cardiomyopathy (FDC)
- Familial polymorphic cardiomyopathy (FPVT)
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM)
- Jervell and Lange-Nielsen syndrome
- Left ventricular noncompaction (LVNC)
- Long QT syndrome (LQTS)
- Short QT syndrome (SQTS)
- Uhl anomaly