Qualitative Polymerase Chain Reaction
Specimens from New York clients will be sent out to a New York DOH approved laboratory.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 1 mL whole blood. (Min: 0.6 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Heparinized specimens.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 30 days
A negative result does not rule out the presence of PCR inhibitors in the patient specimen or test-specific nucleic acid in concentrations below the level of detection by this test.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
This test detects and speciates B. microti. The nucleic acid from B. duncani, B. divergens, strain MO-1, and strain EU-1 will be detected by this test but cannot be differentiated.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2008666||Babesia species by PCR|
|2008668||Babesia microti by PCR|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.