- Patient Preparation
- Green (sodium or lithium heparin), lavender (EDTA), plain red, or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens exposed to more than one freeze/thaw cycle.
- Clinical information is needed for appropriate interpretation. Additional required information includes age, gender, diet (e.g., TPN therapy), drug therapy, and family history. Biochemical Genetics Patient History Form is available on the ARUP Web site at http://www.aruplab.com/patienthistory or by contacting ARUP Client Services.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 2 weeks
|Available Separately||Components||Reference Interval|
|Creatine, Serum/Plasma||By report|
|Guanidinoacetic Acid, Serum/Plasma||By report|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2002330||Guanidinoacetic acid, Serum/Plasma|
|2002332||Creatine Disorder Serum/Plasma Interp|
- Creatine, Plasma
- Creatinine, plasma
- GAA & Creatine
- GAA + Creatine
- Guanidinoacetic Acid and Creatine
- Guanidinoacetic Acid + Creatine
- Guanidinoacetic acid, plasma