Cytogenetic Test Request Form Recommended (ARUP form #43097)
- Patient Preparation
- Green (sodium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Do not freeze or expose to extreme temperatures. Transport 5 mL whole blood. (Min: 2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Clotted specimens.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
A processing fee will be charged if this procedure is canceled, at the client's request, after the test has been set up, or if the specimen integrity is inadequate to allow culture growth.
Specimen and completed test request form, including clinical indication, must be received within 48 hours of collection.
This test must be ordered using Cytogenetic test request form #43097 or through your ARUP interface. Please submit the Patient History for Cytogenetic (Chromosome) Studies form with the electronic packing list (available at http://www.aruplab.com/genetics/forms.php).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0097640||Chromosome Analysis, Peripheral Blood|
|2002205||EER Chromosome Analysis Peripheral Blood|
- Chromosome Analysis, Congenital Disorders, Blood
- Chromosome rearrangement
- Chromosome Study
- Chromosomes, Cord Blood
- Congenital karyotype analysis
- Constitutional Study