- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, icteric, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
0.91-1.09 ISR: Equivocal - Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.10 ISR or greater: Positive - Significant level of detectable varicella-zoster virus IgM antibody. Indicative of current or recent infection. However, low levels of IgM antibodies may occasionally persist for more than 12 months post-infection or immunization.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0099314||Varicella-Zoster Virus Antibody, IgM||5404-9|
- Herpes Zoster
- Herpes Zoster IgM antibodies
- Varicella Zoster Virus IgM
- Varicella-Zoster Virus Antibody, IgM, Serum
- VZV Antibody, IgM
- VZV IgM