HIV-1 combined pheno- and genotyping provides antiretroviral susceptibility information for protease inhibitors (PI) and reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTI, NNRTI). Useful in clarifying and confirming results from HIV genotyping tests. Intended for patients with viral load >500 copies/mL.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) or Plasma Preparation Tube (PPT).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells within 6 hours of collection. Transfer 3 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Thawed specimens.
- Provide patient's most recent viral load and viral load collection date.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen at -20°C: 2 weeks; Frozen at -70°C: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0092074||Viral Load Date||19151-0|
|2003232||EER HIV PhenoSense GT||11526-1|
- HIV Resistance
Performed at Monogram Biosciences