•Protease inhibitors (PI)
•Reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTI, NNRTI)
Useful in clarifying and confirming results from HIV genotyping tests. Intended for patients with viral load >500 copies/mL.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) or plasma preparation tube (PPT).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate plasma from cells within 6 hours of collection. Transfer 3 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Thawed specimens.
- Provide patient's most recent viral load and viral load collection date. Procedure should be used for patients with documented HIV-1 infection and viral loads greater than 500 copies/mL.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen at -20°C: 2 weeks; Frozen at -70°C: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0092074||Viral Load Date||19151-0|
|2003232||EER HIV PhenoSense GT||11526-1|
- HIV Resistance
Performed at Monogram Biosciences