Do not use for evaluation of thiamine sufficiency. Refer to Vitamin B1 (Thiamine), Whole Blood (0080388) for nutritional assessment of thiamine.
- Patient Preparation
- Green (sodium or lithium heparin), lavender (EDTA), plasma separator tube, or pink (K2 EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate plasma from cells within one hour of collection. Protect from light within one hour of collection, and during storage and transport. Transfer 3 mL plasma to an ARUP Amber Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Frozen. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed specimens or specimens other than heparin or EDTA plasma.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen at -20°C: 6 months
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0080389||Vitamin B1, Plasma||20468-5|
- B1 Vitamin
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine),