- Patient Preparation
- Cervical brush in ThinPrep transport Pap Test Media. Refer to "Sample Collection for the Diagnosis of STD" under Specimen Handling at www.aruplab.com for specific specimen collection and transport instructions.
- Specimen Preparation
- Vortex Pap Test media and transfer a 1 mL aliquot to APTIMA Combo 2 transport media (ARUP supply #42711). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. To reduce the potential for contamination, ThinPrep specimens should be poured off, using sterile technique, into the APTIMA Specimen Transfer Tube prior to Cytology Testing.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens in any transport media other than indicated above. Specimens from patients that are less than 16 years of age.
- Specimen source is required.
- Specimen in ThinPrep media: Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: Unacceptable
Specimen in APTIMA transport media: Ambient: 2 weeks; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 12 months
This test is intended for medical purposes only and is not valid for the evaluation of suspected sexual abuse or for other forensic purposes. In certain contexts, culture may be required to meet applicable laws and regulations for diagnosis of C. trachomatis and N. gonorrhoeae infections.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0060733||C. trachomatis by TMA, ThinPrep|
|0060735||N. gonorrhoeae by TMA, ThinPrep|