• Recommended single screening test for IgA-deficient individuals with suspected celiac disease. (IgA testing recommended to identify IgA deficiency.)
• May aid in monitoring adherence to gluten-free diet in celiac disease confirmed patients.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Remove serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Hemolyzed or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
6-9 U/mL: Weak Positive
10 U/mL or greater: Positive
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0056009||Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody,IgG||56537-4|
- Tissue Transglutaminase
- tTG IgG