Assist in diagnosis of innate immunodeficiencies when genetic defects of the innate immune system are suspected in individuals negative for other immunodeficiencies (eg, no detectable abnormality of antibody function, complement activity, neutrophil function, or cell mediated immunity).
Cell Culture/Quantitative Multiplex Bead Assay
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Collect control specimen from a healthy individual unrelated to patient at approximately the same time as and under similar conditions to the patient.
- Green (sodium heparin) (patient) AND green (sodium heparin) (control). Also acceptable: Yellow (ACD solution A) (patient) AND yellow (ACD solution A) (control). Patient and control specimens must be collected within 48 hours of test performance.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 10 mL whole blood (patient) AND 10 mL whole blood (control) in original collection tubes. (Min: 7 mL (patient) AND 7 mL (control)) Do not refrigerate or freeze. LIVE CELLS REQUIRED.
Infant Minimum: 3 mL whole blood (patient) AND 7 mL whole blood (control).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL ROOM TEMPERATURE.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Yellow (ACD Solution B). Refrigerated or frozen specimens. Specimens in transport longer than 48 hours.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
Toll-like receptors (TLR), PAM3CSK4, synthetic bacterial lipoprotein (TLR2-TLR1 ligand); zymosan cell wall particles from Saccharomyces cerevisiae (TLR6-TLR2 ligand); poly(I:C), synthetic analog of dsRNA (TLR3 ligand); lipopolysaccharide ultra pure S. minnesota LPS (TLR4 ligand); flagellin purified from S. typhimurium (TLR5 ligand); and CL097 imidazoquinoline compound (TLR7-TLR8 ligand), are tested independently in peripheral blood mononuclear cell (PBMC) culture. PBMC cytokine production responses to these mitogens are determined by multi-analyte fluorescence detection.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
Results for TNF alpha, IL-1 beta, and IL-6 are reported as pg/mL. Interpretation comparing the patient results to the simultaneously collected client normal control and the laboratory normal control will be provided by an ARUP medical director.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0051589||Toll-Like Receptor Function|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.