May be helpful in evaluating for autoimmune liver disease. For a more comprehensive reflex panel, refer to Autoimmune Liver Disease Evaluation with Reflex to Smooth Muscle Antibody (SMA), IgG by IFA (2007210).
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube.(Min: 0.25 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0055248||F-Actin (Smooth Muscle) Antibody, IgG||Effective May 16, 2011|
|0051244||Smooth Muscle Antibody, IgG Titer||Less than 1:20 = Negative - No Antibody detected.|
1:20-1:80 = Weak Positive - Suggest repeat testing in two to three weeks with fresh specimen.
1:160 or greater = Positive - Suggestive of autoimmune hepatitis or chronic active hepatitis.
If F-Actin is 20 Units or greater, then Smooth Muscle Ab, IgG IFA titer will be added. Additional charges apply
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0055248||F-Actin (Smooth Muscle) Ab, IgG by ELISA||44706-0|
- Actin Antibody
- Actin Antibody Reflexive Panel
- Anti-Smooth Muscle Antibody
- ASMA Reflexive Panel
- F-Actin Antibody
- F-Actin Antibody Panel
- SMA IgG
- SMA IgG Ab
- SMA Reflexive Panel
- Smooth Muscle Antibodies