- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer two 1 mL aliquots of serum to individual ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL per aliquot) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Other body fluids. Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0050170||Coccidioides Antibody by CF||Less than 1:2|
|0050183||Coccidioides immitis Antibodies by Immunodiffusion||None detected.|
|0050179||Coccidioides Antibody, IgG by ELISA||0.9 IV or less: Negative- No significant level of Coccidioides IgG antibody detected.|
1.0-1.4 IV: Equivocal - Questionable presence of Coccidioides IgG antibody detected. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.5 IV or greater: Positive - Presence of IgG antibody to Coccidioides detected, suggestive of current or past infection.
|0050178||Coccidioides Antibody, IgM by ELISA||0.9 IV or less: Negative - No significant level of Coccidioides IgM antibody detected.|
1.0-1.4 IV: Equivocal - Questionable presence of Coccidioides IgM antibody detected. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.5 IV or greater: Positive - Presence of IgM antibody to Coccidioides detected, suggestive of current or recent infection.
Negative fungal serology does not rule out the possibility of current infection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050170||Coccidioides Antibody by CF||33380-7|
|0050178||Coccidioides Antibody, IgM by ELISA||33510-9|
|0050179||Coccidioides Antibody, IgG by ELISA||31154-8|
|0050183||Coccidioides immitis Abs, Precipitin||31153-0|
- Cocci Antibodies Panel
- COCCI CF,ID,ELISA
- Coccidioides Antibodies Serum panel
- San Joaquin Fever Antibodies
- Valley Fever Antibodies