- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Serum from umbilical cord blood.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Acute and convalescent specimens must be labeled as such; parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma or urine. Contaminated, heat-inactivated or hemolyzed specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|29.9 AU/mL or less:||Not Detected.|
|30.0-34.9 AU/mL:||Indeterminate - Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.|
|35.0 AU/mL or greater:||Detected - IgM antibody to CMV detected, which may indicate a current or recent infection. However, low levels of IgM antibodies may occasionally persist for more than 12 months post-infection.|
This test should not be used for blood donor screening, associated re-entry protocols, or for screening Human Cell, Tissues and Cellular and Tissue-Based Products (HCT/P).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050553||CMV Antibody IgM||5126-8|
- CMV Antibody
- CMV IgM