- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube OR CSF.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum OR CSF to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as acute or convalescent.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Negative fungal serology does not rule out the possibility of current infection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050170||Coccidioides Antibody by CF|
- Cocci IgG, IgM CF
- Coccidioidomycosis IgG/IgM
- San Joaquin Fever Antibody
- Valley Fever antibodies