- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- CSF or plasma. Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR)||Effective May 21, 2012|
RPR (+) = Reactive
RPR (-) = Nonreactive
|Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR) Titer||< 1:1|
|0050477||Treponema pallidum Antibody (FTA-ABS), Serum, IgG by IFA with Reflex to Treponema pallidum Antibody by TP-PA|| |
|0050777||Treponema pallidum Antibody by TP-PA||Nonreactive|
If RPR is reactive, then a titer to endpoint and FTA-ABS confirmation will be added. If FTA-ABS is inconclusive, TP-PA will be added. Additional charges apply.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050472||Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR)|
- Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR) with Reflex to Treponema Antibody Confirmation
- RPR Reflex to Titer, FTA-ABS and TPPA