Acceptable initial test to detect activated protein C resistance due to a factor V Leiden mutation. Preferred test is APC Resistance Profile with Reflex to Factor V Leiden (0030192). However, Factor V Leiden (F5) R506Q Mutation (0097720) is the preferred initial test for individuals with supratherapeutic concentrations of heparin, direct thrombin inhibitors, extreme factor V deficiency, or lupus anticoagulants with markedly prolonged baseline clotting times.
- Patient Preparation
- Lt. blue (sodium citrate). Refer to Specimen Handling at aruplab.com for hemostasis/thrombosis specimen handling guidelines.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1.5 mL platelet-poor plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum. EDTA plasma, clotted or hemolyzed specimens.
- Ambient: 4 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen at -20°C: 3 months; Frozen at -70°C: 6 months
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0030127||APC Resistance Panel||13590-5|
- Activated Protein C Resistance
- Factor V Leiden Functional Assay
- Protein C Resistance