- Patient Preparation
- 24-hour or random urine collection. Specimen must be collected in a plastic container and should be refrigerated during collection. ARUP studies indicate that refrigeration of urine alone, during and after collection, preserves specimens adequately if tested within 14 days of collection.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer an 8 mL aliquot of urine from a well-mixed collection to ARUP Trace Element-Free Transport Tubes (ARUP supply #43116). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. (Min: 2 mL) Record total volume and collection time interval on transport tube and on test request form.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Also acceptable: Room temperature or frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Urine collected within 48 hours after administration of a gadolinium (Gd) containing contrast media (may occur with MRI studies). Acid preserved urine.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|As Organic||By report|
|Arsenic Total Inorganic||By report|
|Arsenic, Methylated||By report|
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
- arsenic metabolites
- arsenic, inorganic forms
- arsenic, methylated forms
- Arsenic, organic forms
- As metabolites
- As, inorganic forms
- As, methylated forms
- As, organic forms