Acceptable test for determining acute exposure to organophosphate insecticides. Preferred test is Insecticide Exposure Panel (0020175).
- Patient Preparation
- Specimen must be drawn prior to surgery or more than two days following surgery. Do not draw in recovery room.
- Serum separator tube, lavender (EDTA), or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow serum specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transport 0.5 mL serum or plasma. (Min: 0.1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Whole blood on clot. Hemolyzed specimens.
- Plasma values are slightly lower than serum.
- Ambient: 4 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 3 months
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- Cholinesterase (Pseudo), Total
- Cholinesterase, Serum or Plasma
- Serum Cholinesterase (Pseudochol)