Qualitative Chemiluminescent Immunoassay
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1 mL) Also acceptable: K2EDTA plasma.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Heparinized plasma. Specimens containing particulate material. Heat-inactivated, severely hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Indefinitely (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
| ||Hepatitis B Virus Surface Antigen
|0020128||Hepatitis B Virus Surface Antigen, Confirmation
This panel of assays should not be used for blood donor screening, associated re-entry protocols, or for screening Human Cell, Tissues and Cellular and Tissue-Based Products (HCT/P).
Performed and Reported times indicated are for screening of the HBsAg. If results for HBsAg screen are repeatedly reactive with an index value between 1.00 and 50.00, then HBsAg Confirmation will be added. Additional charges apply.
87340; if reflexed, add 87341
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0020089||Hepatitis B Surface Antigen|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
- Chronic Hep Screen B
- HBSAg confirmation
- HBV Surface Antigen
- Hep B Surface Antigen
- Hepatitis Bs Ag
- Hepatitis Bs Ag Prenatal