Can be used in conjunction with Herpesvirus 6 Antibody, IgM Screen with Reflex to Titer by IFA (2011420) for diagnosis of HHV-6 disease in immunocompromised adults. Consider Human Herpesvirus 6 (HHV-6A and HHV-6B) by Quantitative PCR (0060071) as an alternative, especially in cases of suspected meningitis.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain Red or Serum Separator Tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 0.5 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Also acceptable: Room Temperature or Frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 month
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2013424||Herpesvirus 6 Antibody, IgG||25416-9|
Performed at Focus Diagnostics, Inc.