Useful for general screening in contexts of compliance and/or abuse. A screen with reflex testing is the preferred method for ruling out methadone exposure. For follow-up testing of a presumptive result, Methadone and Metabolite, Urine, Quantitative (0090362) is preferred.
- Patient Preparation
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 4 mL urine with no additives or preservatives to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Breast Milk. Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Ambient; 1 week, Refrigerated; 1 month, Frozen; 1 year
For medical purposes only; not valid for forensic use.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0092199||Methadone, Urn, Screen||19553-7|
|2012212||Screen, Urine Interpretation||54247-2|
- Pain Management
- Pain Management, Methadone, Quantitative, with medMatch, Urine
- Pain Management, Methadone, with Confirmation with medMatch, Urine