Useful for general screening in contexts of compliance and/or abuse. A screen with reflex testing is the preferred method for ruling out opiate exposure. For follow-up testing of a presumptive result, Opiates, Urine, Quantitative (0090364) is preferred.
- Patient Preparation
- Random urine.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 4 mL urine with no additives or preservatives to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 3 years
Screen cutoff concentration: 100 ng/mL
For medical purposes only; not valid for forensic use.
If the specimen screens positive, then Confirmation/Quantitation by LC-MS/MS (ARUP test 0090364) will be added to confirm result. Additional charges apply.
For detection of morphine, hydrocodone, and similar compounds, see Opiates Screen with Reflex to Confirmation, Urine (ARUP test code 2005093).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2005102||Oxycodone/Oxymorphone, Urn, Screen|
|2012212||Screen, Urine Interpretation||54247-2|
- Oxycodone, w/ Confirmation w/ medMATCH, Urine