Aid in the diagnosis of aggressive large B-cell lymphoma with intermediate features between Burkitt lymphoma and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) and confirmation of suspected double-hit lymphoma. Reflex testing is available; refer to Aggressive B-Cell Lymphoma FISH Reflex, Tissue (2012710).
- Patient Preparation
- Non-diluted bone marrow collected in a heparinized syringe. Also acceptable: Green (sodium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 3 mL bone marrow to a green (sodium heparin) (Min: 1 mL). OR transport 5 mL whole blood (Min: 2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Paraffin-embedded specimens. Clotted specimens.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
This panel is for the identification of double hit lymphoma and triple hit lymphoma, both of which show morphologic features intermediate between diffuse large B-Cell lymphoma and Burkitt Lymphoma. Both are aggressive lymphomas and are characterized by a poor survival rate.
Other specimen types may be acceptable, contact the Cytogenetics Laboratory for specific specimen collection and transportation instructions.
If cell pellets or dropped cytogenetics slides are submitted, a processing fee will not apply.
This test must be ordered using Oncology test request form #43099 or through your ARUP interface.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2002651||Lymphoma (Aggressive) Panel by FISH|
|2002652||EER Lymphoma (Aggressive) Panel by FISH|