Mycoplasma pneumoniae Antibodies, IgG & IgM (0050399) is preferred.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.5 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, icteric, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
0.10-0.32 U/L: Equivocal
> 0.32 U/L: Positive
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050397||Mycoplasma Pneumoniae Antibody IgG||5255-5|
- M pneumoniae antibody IgG
- M pneumoniae IgG