Titers may aid in monitoring coccidioidomycosis (Valley fever) and treatment response. For the initial establishment of diagnosis, refer to Coccidioides Antibodies Panel, Serum by CF, ID, ELISA (0050588), which combines complement fixation and immunodiffusion.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube OR CSF.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum OR CSF to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Negative fungal serology does not rule out the possibility of current infection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050170||Coccidioides Antibody by CF||33380-7|
- Cocci IgG, IgM CF
- Coccidioidomycosis IgG/IgM
- San Joaquin Fever Antibody
- Valley Fever antibodies