Purpose: Identify tests for which expedited processing of time-sensitive specimens (refrigerated specimens with short stability) is available.
IMPORTANT: This process only applies to refrigerated specimens with a 48-hour stability. Placing time-sensitive stickers on a room temperature (ambient) transport bag may result in compromised specimens.
For any questions, or to begin using ARUP’s time-sensitive process, please contact Client Relations Training at email@example.com.
In our ARUP Test Directory, ‘Time Sensitive’ refers to specimens that are refrigerated and must be received at ARUP within 48 hours from collection. A test that is considered Time Sensitive has a stopwatch icon located with the test information in the ARUP Test Directory.
IMPORTANT: This new guide only applies to refrigerated specimens with a 48-hour stability.
- Fill out required information on bag.
- Place time-sensitive label over the bag’s barcode.
- Place smaller barcode label on bag’s tear-off portion for your records.
- Place rack, containing time-sensitive specimens only, into refrigerated bag.
- Insert time-sensitive specific packing list in the bag sleeve.
- For orders placed through an Interface, please stamp your packing list with “Time Sensitive” (eSupply: Item # 56785).
Couriers will pick up all bags at once, package, and ship specimens.
NOTE: Order time sensitive labels through eSupply: Item # 56529.
Direct comments/questions/issues about this report to the Support Services - Central IT group.
|Mnemonic||Test Number||Test Name|