Diagnose oligodendroglioma brain tumors; indicated in both low-grade and high-grade (anaplastic) oligodendrogliomas.
Fluorescence in situ Hybridization (FISH)
Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect paraffin block from excessive heat. Transport block or 6 unstained (4 micron thick sections) positively charged slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787 (kit recommended but not necessary). (Min 3 slides)
Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
Specimens fixed or processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). No tumor in tissue. Decalcified specimens.
Include surgical pathology report.
Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
Refer to report.
Analyte Specific Reagent (ASR)
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|3000665||1p19q FISH Reference Number|
|3000666||1p19q FISH Source|
|3000669||Chromosome 1 Polysomy|
|3000672||Chromosome 19 Polysomy|
|3002933||1P Total Cell Count||78236-7|
|3002934||19Q Total Cell Count||78236-7|
- 1p deletion FISH
- 1p,1q codeletion FISH
- 1p/19q Deletion
- 1p/19q Deletion in Gliomas, FISH, Tissue
- 1p/19q deletion in Oligodendroglioma
- 1p/19q FISH; 1p/19q in oligodendrogliomas; 1q deletion FISH
- Chromosome Analysis by FISH for 1p/19q Deletion in Gliomas
- FISH for 1p/19q Deletion in Gliomas
- LOH (Loss of Heterozygosity) 1p/19q in Gliomas
- Loss of Heterozygosity (LOH) 1p/19q in Gliomas