Aid in the diagnosis of mastocytosis. Provide prognostic and predictive information for tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI) therapy planning.
Assay: Mon, Wed, Fri
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) or bone marrow (EDTA). Also acceptable: DNA extracted by CLIA certified lab.
- Specimen Preparation
- Whole Blood: Do not freeze. Transport 5 mL whole blood. (Min: 1 mL)
Bone Marrow: Do not freeze. Transport 3 mL bone marrow. (Min: 1 mL)
Extracted DNA: Transport 40 uL DNA with at least 50 ng/uL concentration. (Min: 40 uL) Transport DNA in a tissue transport kit (ARUP Supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma, serum, FFPE tissue blocks/slides, or frozen tissue, DNA extracted by a non-CLIA lab. Specimens collected in anticoagulants other than EDTA or sodium heparin. Clotted or grossly hemolyzed specimens.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 5 days; Frozen: Unacceptable
Extracted DNA: Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerate: Indefinitely; Frozen: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|3000441||KIT (D816V) Mutation by PCR|
- KIT exon 17