Aid in the detection of latent disease among persons at increased risk for tuberculosis (TB). Positive predictive value is less in low-risk populations. May be used in persons who have received BCG vaccine.
- Patient Preparation
- QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus 1-tube (ARUP Supply #54015) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. For collection and transport instructions refer to QuantiFERON under Special Handling at https://aruplab.com/testing/specimen/quantiferon.
- Specimen Preparation
- Specimen must remain ambient for a minimum of 15 minutes after collection before being refrigerated. Transport 5 mL whole blood. (Min: 5 mL).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Must be collected and shipped directly to ARUP the same calendar day.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Do not collect or ship on, or the day before, holidays.
- Ambient: 3 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
|QuantiFERON-TB Gold In-Tube||Negative|
|QuantiFERON-TB1 minus NIL||0.34 IU/mL or less|
|QuantiFERON-TB2 minus NIL||0.34 IU/mL or less|
|QuantiFERON MITOGEN minus NIL||No reference interval|
|QuantiFERON NIL||No reference interval|
A false-positive result in the absence of other clinical evidence of TB infection is not uncommon. Refer to: Updated Guidelines for Using Interferon Gamma Release Assays to Detect Mycobacterium tuberculosis Infection --- United States, 2010 (<https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5905a1.htm>), for more information concerning test performance in low-prevalence populations and use in occupational screening.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2006962||QuantiFERON Mitogen minus NIL||71774-4|
|3000401||Quantiferon TB Gold Plus||71773-6|
|3000402||Quantiferon Plus TB1 minus NIL||64084-7|
|3000403||Quantiferon Plus TB2 minus NIL||88517-8|
- Interferon-Gamma Release Assay for Tuberculosis
- Latent Tuberculosis Infection (LTBI)
- QFT & M TB
- QFT-G & M. tuberculosis
- QFT-TB; QFT-TB Plus
- Quantiferon Mitogen and NIL
- QuantiFERON-TB Gold In Tube
- QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus & Mycobacterium tuberculosis Antibody