Confirm diagnosis of a skeletal dysplasia in a symptomatic fetus. Determine if a fetus, that is at risk for a skeletal dysplasia based on a positive family history, is affected.
Massively Parallel Sequencing
2-4 weeks, if culture is required an additional 1 to 2 weeks is required for processing time.
New York DOH Approval Status
Fetal Specimen: Four (4) T-25 flasks at 80 percent confluent of cultured amniocytes or cultured CVS. If the client is unable to culture, this can be arranged by contacting ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
AND Maternal Cell Contamination Specimen: Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), or yellow (ACD Solution A or B).
Cultured Amniocytes or Cultured CVS: Fill flasks with culture media. Transport four (4) T-25 flasks at 80 percent confluent of cultured cells filled with culture media. Backup cultures must be retained at the client's institution until testing is complete.
AND Maternal Cell Contamination Specimen: Transport 3 mL whole blood (Min: 1 mL)
Culture Amniocytes or Cultured CVS: CRITICAL ROOM TEMPERATURE. Must be received within 48 hours of shipment due to lability of cells.
Maternal Cell Contamination Specimen: Room temperature.
Fetal Specimen: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
Maternal: Ambient: 72 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Unacceptable
Refer to report.
This test was developed and its performance characteristics determined by ARUP Laboratories. It has not been cleared or approved by the US Food and Drug Administration. This test was performed in a CLIA certified laboratory and is intended for clinical purposes.
Counseling and informed consent are recommended for genetic testing. Consent forms are available online.
Laboratory Developed Test (LDT)
Reported times are based on receiving the four T-25 flasks at 80 percent confluent. Cell culture time is independent of testing turn-around time. Maternal specimen is recommended for proper test interpretation. Order Maternal Cell Contamination.
GENES TESTED: AGPS, ALPL, ARSE, CANT1**, COL1A1, COL1A2, COL2A1, COMP**, CRTAP, DDR2**, DLL3, DYNC2H1, EBP, EVC*, EVC2, FGFR1, FGFR2, FGFR3, FKBP10, FLNA, FLNB, GDF5**, GNPAT, HSPG2**, ICK, IFT80, LBR, LIFR, NEK1, P3H1, PCNT**, PEX7, POR, PPIB, PTH1R**, RUNX2, SERPINH1, SLC26A2, SLC35D1, SOX9, TRIP11, TRPV4**, TTC21B, WDR19, WDR35
* One or more exons are not covered by sequencing for the indicated gene; see Additional Technical Information.
** Deletion/duplication detection is not available for this gene.
81404; 81405; 81408; 81479; 81265 Fetal Cell Contamination (FCC)
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050548||Maternal Contamination Study Fetal Spec||59266-7|
|0050612||Maternal Contam Study, Maternal Spec||31208-2|
|2012011||Skeletal Dysplasia Panel Specimen, Fetal|
|2012012||Skeletal Dysplasia Panel Interp, Fetal|
- Achondrogenesis type IB and II
- Acromesomelic dysplasia
- Asphyxiating thoracic dystrophy,2
- Bent bone dysplasia
- Bruck syndrome I
- Campomelic dysplasia
- Chondrodysplasia Blomstrand type
- Chondrodysplasia Grebe type
- Chondrodysplasia punctate
- Cleidocranial dysplasia
- Cranioectodermal dysplasia
- Desbuquois dysplasia
- Diastrophic dysplasia
- Disordered steroidogenesis
- Dyssegmental dysplasia
- Ellis Van Crevald
- Endocrine-cerebroosteo dysplasia
- Epiphyseal dysplasia multiple
- Frontometaphyseal dysplasia
- Greenburg dysplasia
- Juene syndrome
- Metaphyseal chondrodysplasia Murk Hansen type
- Metaphyseal dysplasia
- Microcephalic osteodysplastic primordial dwarfism
- Multiple synostosis syndrome
- Osteogenesis imperfecta
- Otospondylomegaepiphyseal dysplasia
- Platyspondylo dysplasia
- Schneckenbecken dysplasia
- Schwartz-Jampel syndrome
- Sensenbrenner syndrome
- Short rib thoracic dysplasia
- Short rib-polydactyly type 2
- Spondylocostal dysostosis
- Spondyloepiphyseal dysplasia
- Spondylometaepiphyseal dysplasia
- Stuve-Wiedemann syndrome
- Terminal osseous dysplasia
- Thanatophoric dysplasia
- Wyers acrofacial dysostosis