BCR-ABL1 Mutation Analysis for Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor Resistance by Next Generation Sequencing
Order only for patients with an established diagnosis of a BCR-ABL1 positive leukemia. This test is used to determine if a mutation is present that would interfere with response to TKI therapy in Philadelphia chromosome positive (Ph+) lymphoblastic leukemia or chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML). The test detects all common mutations, including T315I. For initial BCR-ABL1 testing, refer to BCR-ABL1, Qualitative with Reflex to BCR-ABL1 Quantitative (2005010).
Massively Parallel Sequencing
Lavendar (EDTA) or bone marrow (EDTA).
Transport 5 mL whole blood or 3 mL bone marrow. (Min: 1 mL)
Serum or plasma. Specimens collected in anticoagulants other than EDTA. Frozen Specimens. Clotted or serverely hemolyzed specimens.
Ambient: 1 hour; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
Refer to report
This test was developed and its performance characteristics determined by ARUP Laboratories. It has not been cleared or approved by the US Food and Drug Administration. This test was performed in a CLIA certified laboratory and is intended for clinical purposes.
Laboratory Developed Test (LDT)
For specimens having no t(9;22) fusion, this test will be canceled and the ABL1 Amplification Confirmation test will be ordered.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2008421||BCR-ABL1 Mutation by NGS Source||31208-2|
|2008422||BCR-ABL1 Mutation by NGS Result||55135-8|
- ABL Mutation (BCR-ABL1 Kinase Domain Mutation Analysis)
- ABL1 Mutation Analysis for Imatinib (BCR-ABL1 Kinase Domain Mutation Analysis)
- BCR-ABL1 Domain Mutation Analysis
- BCR-ABL1 Mutation (BCR-ABL1 Domain Mutation Analysis)
- Gleevec Resistance Mutation Analysis (BCR-ABL1 Kinase Domain Mutation Analysis)
- Imatinib Mesylate Resistance Analysis (BCR-ABL1 Kinase Domain Mutation)
- Imatinib Resistance Analysis (BCR-ABL1 Kinase Domain Mutation Analysis)
- TKI Therapy Resistance