BCR-ABL1 Mutation Analysis for Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor Resistance by Next Generation Sequencing
Order only for patients with an established diagnosis of a BCR-ABL1-positive leukemia. Use to determine if a variant is present that would interfere with response to TKI therapy in Philadelphia chromosome positive (Ph+) lymphoblastic leukemia or chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML). Detects all common mutations, including T315I. For initial BCR-ABL1 testing, refer to Diagnostic Qualitative BCR-ABL1 Assay with Reflex to p190 or p210 Quantitative Assays (3005839).
New York DOH Approval Status
Lavendar (EDTA) or bone marrow (EDTA).
Transport 5 mL whole blood or 3 mL bone marrow. (Min: 1 mL)
Serum or plasma. Specimens collected in anticoagulants other than EDTA. Frozen Specimens. Clotted or serverely hemolyzed specimens.
Ambient: 1 hour; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
Massively Parallel Sequencing
Refer to report
This test was developed and its performance characteristics determined by ARUP Laboratories. It has not been cleared or approved by the US Food and Drug Administration. This test was performed in a CLIA certified laboratory and is intended for clinical purposes.
Laboratory Developed Test (LDT)
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2008421||BCR-ABL1 Mutation by NGS Source||31208-2|
|2008422||BCR-ABL1 Mutation by NGS Result||55135-8|
- ABL Mutation (BCR-ABL1 Kinase Domain Mutation Analysis)
- ABL1 Mutation Analysis for Imatinib (BCR-ABL1 Kinase Domain Mutation Analysis)
- BCR-ABL1 Domain Mutation Analysis
- BCR-ABL1 Mutation (BCR-ABL1 Domain Mutation Analysis)
- Gleevec Resistance Mutation Analysis (BCR-ABL1 Kinase Domain Mutation Analysis)
- Imatinib Mesylate Resistance Analysis (BCR-ABL1 Kinase Domain Mutation)
- Imatinib Resistance Analysis (BCR-ABL1 Kinase Domain Mutation Analysis)
- TKI Therapy Resistance