BCR-ABL1 Mutation Analysis for Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor Resistance by Next Generation Sequencing
Order only for patients with an established diagnosis of a BCR-ABL1 positive leukemia. This test is used to determine if a mutation is present that would interfere with response to TKI therapy in Philadelphia chromosome positive (Ph+) lymphoblastic leukemia or chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML). The test detects all common mutations, including T315I. For initial BCR-ABL1 testing, refer to BCR-ABL1, Qualitative with Reflex to BCR-ABL1 Quantitative (2005010).
Massively Parallel Sequencing
Lavendar (EDTA) or bone marrow (EDTA).
Transport 5 mL whole blood or 3 mL bone marrow. (Min: 1 mL)
Serum or plasma. Specimens collected in anticoagulants other than EDTA. Frozen Specimens. Clotted or serverely hemolyzed specimens.
Ambient: 1 hour; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
Refer to report
Compliance Statement B: For laboratory developed tests not using a RUO kit, and for FDA approved, cleared or 510(k) exempt assays with alterations. This test was developed and its performance characteristics determined by ARUP Laboratories. The U. S. Food and Drug Administration has not approved or cleared this test; however, FDA clearance or approval is not currently required for clinical use. The results are not intended to be used as the sole means for clinical diagnosis or patient management decisions.
For specimens having no t(9;22) fusion, this test will be canceled and the ABL1 Amplification Confirmation test will be ordered.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2008421||BCR-ABL1 Mutation by NGS Source||31208-2|
|2008422||BCR-ABL1 Mutation by NGS Result||55135-8|
- ABL Mutation (BCR-ABL1 Kinase Domain Mutation Analysis)
- ABL1 Mutation Analysis for Imatinib (BCR-ABL1 Kinase Domain Mutation Analysis)
- BCR-ABL1 Domain Mutation Analysis
- BCR-ABL1 Mutation (BCR-ABL1 Domain Mutation Analysis)
- Gleevec Resistance Mutation Analysis (BCR-ABL1 Kinase Domain Mutation Analysis)
- Imatinib Mesylate Resistance Analysis (BCR-ABL1 Kinase Domain Mutation)
- Imatinib Resistance Analysis (BCR-ABL1 Kinase Domain Mutation Analysis)
- TKI Therapy Resistance