Quantitative ImmunoCAP Fluorescent Enzyme Immunoassay
Multiple patient encounters should be avoided.
Serum separator tube. Multiple specimen tubes should be avoided.
Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.25 mL serum plus 0.1 mL for each additional allergen ordered to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.25 mL plus 0.04 mL/additional allergen)
Hemolyzed, icteric, or lipemic specimens.
After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
(reported in kU/L)
|Probability of IgE Mediated
|Less than 0.10||No significant level detected||0|
|0.10-0.34||Clinical relevance undetermined||0/1|
|17.51 - 50.00||Very High||4|
|50.01 - 100.00||Very high||5|
|Greater than 100.00||Very high||6|
Allergen results of 0.10-0.34 kU/L are intended for specialist use as the clinical relevance is undetermined. Even though increasing ranges are reflective of increasing concentrations of allergen-specific IgE, these concentrations may not correlate with the degree of clinical response or skin testing results when challenged with a specific allergen. The correlation of allergy laboratory results with clinical history and in vivo reactivity to specific allergens is essential. A negative test may not rule out clinical allergy or even anaphylaxis.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2006022||Allergen, Weed, Wall pellitory IgE||6200-0|
- Hammerwort (Allergen, Weed, Wall pellitory (P.officinalis) IgE)
- ImmunoCAP w19 (Allergen, Weed, Wall pellitory (P. officinalis) IgE)
- Lichwort (Allergen, Weed, Wall pellitory (P. officinalis) IgE)
- Parietaire (Allergen, Weed, Wall pellitory (P. officinalis) IgE)
- Parietaria officinalis (Allergen, Weed, Wall Pellitory (P. officinalis) IgE)
- Pellitory-of-the-wall (Allergen, Weed, Wall pellitory (P. officinalis) IgE)
- Spreading pellitory (Allergen, Weed, Wall pellitory (P. officinalis) IgE)