Prenatal chromosome analysis on amniotic fluid when individual
• Is at increased risk for fetal aneuploidy based on maternal age, abnormal noninvasive prenatal testing (NIPT), abnormal multiple marker screening, or abnormal fetal ultrasound.
• Has a family history of chromosome abnormality or genetic disorder.
• Desires diagnostic testing instead of screening.
Do not freeze or expose to extreme temperatures. Transport 30 mL amniotic fluid in a sterile container. (Min: 15 mL)
Frozen specimens. Bloody specimens.
Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
Refer to report
Laboratory Developed Test (LDT)
These studies involve culturing of living cells; therefore, turnaround times given represent average times, which are subject to multiple variables.
A processing fee will be charged if this procedure is canceled at the client's request after the test has been set up or if the specimen integrity is inadequate to allow culture growth.
Specimen and completed test request form, including clinical indication, must be received within 48 hours of collection.
This test must be ordered using Cytogenetic test request form #43098 or through your ARUP interface. Please submit the Patient History for Prenatal Cytogenetics form with the electronic packing list (https://ltd.aruplab.com/Tests/Pdf/65).
88269; 88235; 88291
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0097601||Chromosome Analysis, Amniotic Fluid||33773-3|
|2002199||EER Chromosome Analysis Amniotic Fluid|
- Karyotype, Amniotic Fluid
- NIPD confirmation study
- NIPT confirmation study
- Prenatal Diagnosis, Amniotic Fluid, Prenatal Chromosomes, Amniotic Fluid