• Acceptable single screening test for IgA-competent individuals with suspected celiac disease.
• Preferred screening test for individuals with suspected celiac disease is Celiac Disease Reflexive Cascade (2008114) or Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) Antibody, IgA (0097709). (IgA testing recommended to identify IgA competence.)
• May aid in monitoring adherence to gluten-free diet in celiac disease confirmed patients.
Semi-Quantitative Indirect Fluorescent Antibody
New York DOH Approval Status
Serum separator tube.
Separate from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL)
Plasma. Severely lipemic, contaminated, or hemolyzed specimens.
After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid freeze/thaw cycles)
Less than 1:10
The endomysial antigen has been identified as the protein cross-linking enzyme known as tissue transglutaminase.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050736||Endomysial Antibody, IgA Titer||27038-9|
- Anti-Endomysial Antibodies
- EMA IgA
- Gluten-Sensitive Enteropathy Tests