Intraepidermal Nerve Fiber Density Analysis
Anatomic Pathology Test Request Form Recommended
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Obtain Nerve Fiber Fixative Collection Kit prior to collection procedure (ARUP supply #44191). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact Client Services at (800) 522-2787. Special fixatives are required; Collection instructions are provided with the kit.
Skin punch biopsies from lower extremity (one biopsy from the distal leg and one from the proximal thigh).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport two 3 mm skin punch biopsies.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens in inappropriate fixative or improper temperature. Specimens that are not collected according to the collection instructions provided in collection kit.
- Submit clinical history.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Unacceptable
Refer to report
88342 x2; 88356 x2. Additional billing may apply if special studies are indicated.
- INFDA (Intraepidermal Nerve Fiber Density Analysis)
- Nerve Fiber Density (Intraepidermal Nerve Fiber Density Analysis)
- PGP 9.5/Nerve Fiber (Intraepidermal Nerve Fiber Density Analysis)